Ten things you need to know
Chris Maples departs Spotify
Chris Maples, the vice-president of Europe at Spotify, has left his role with the music company after three years.
Facebook lures Smirnoff’s Klein
Facebook has recruited the Smirnoff global marketing chief, Michelle Klein, to oversee its relationships with agencies and clients internationally.
Bloomberg appoints Teeman
Bloomberg Media has appointed the former DMG Media and BBC Magazines leader Matt Teeman as its EMEA commercial director.
Forbes family sells business
The Forbes family has sold a "majority stake" in its publishing company Forbes Media to a group of international investors, ending a 97-year dynasty started by Bruce Forbes.
CBS buys US poster company
Van Wagner, the US outside poster company, has sold its billboard business to CBS Outdoor in a $690 million deal.
Sherman in new Omnicom role
Peter Sherman, an executive vice-president at Omnicom, has been appointed as the holding group’s executive vice-president for innovation and cross-agency collaboration.
Sky takeovers near completion
BSkyB’s proposal to take over Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland could be finalised by the end of the month, according to industry analysts.
Droga5 wins Belvita account
Belvita, the Mondelez-owned breakfast-bar brand, has brought in Droga5 Europe to handle its European advertising account.
Google makes Q2 income jump
Google has exceeded analysts’ expectations by posting a 22 per cent leap in second-quarter revenues, driven by a 25 per cent increase in paid clicks. However, cost-per-click has continued to decline.
Tesco swaps Clarke for Lewis
The Tesco boss Philip Clarke is stepping down to be replaced by the Unilever president of personal care, Dave Lewis, as it plots a recovery from its recent poor performance.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)