Virgin Holidays responds to Three's mock spam apology with 'Don't be sorry' ad
Virgin Holidays has responded to a spoof ad by mobile operator Three that said "Sorry for the holiday spam", with its own jokey campaign telling consumers not to apologise.
Virgin Holiday: tells consumers 'Don't be sorry' after Three ad apologised for holiday spam
Created by M&C Saatchi and Lida, the ad reads, "Don’t be sorry", and tells people that they should take pride in showing off their holiday experiences.
Three’s own tongue-in-cheek campaign launched earlier this month, and said "sorry" to people who were not going on holiday, for being deluged on social media with photos of sunsets, beaches and plane wings.
But Virgin Holiday's ad tells consumers to revel in their holidays. "You look delicious", it says, encouraging them to post pictures on Twitter and other media using the hashtag #ShowOff. The ad will run at Elephant and Castle in London.
Three’s spoof letter read: "We're sorry. Recently, you may have noticed a dramatic rise in sunsets appearing in your social media feed. Sorry for all the sunsets, the fancy cocktails, for plane wing after plane wing after plane wing. Sorry for the mini monuments, the beach feet, the street food, the #nofilters, the hot dog legs."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)