Avios ties up with C4 to reward consumers with free BA flights
Travel rewards currency Avios partnered with Channel 4 to reveal the lucky winners of its 'Avios Big Reward' campaign, which gave members of the public the chance to bag 50 pairs of British Airways flights.
Chris Ramsey: the comedian fronted the Avios campaign
To be in with a chance of winning, entrants had to nominate someone to thank and post a creative video of their entry on www.theaviosbigreward.com.
Activity started in June with a partnership with Channel 4, through a TV spot highlighting the "call to nominate", followed by outdoor advertising.
The final part of the campaign revealing the winners was a three-minute film, with comedian and performer Chris Ramsey spending £250,000 on shopping for items in conjunction with Avios partners Tesco, Shell, Avis and American Express, with the aim of collecting more than a million Avios to use for the winners’ flights. It aired on Channel 4 last week.
The campaign, devised by agency 101, will be supported further with social media activity, with a competition offering opportunities to win other travel-related prizes.
Paul Clarke, head of global marketing at Avios, said: "The response to the Avios Big Reward thus far has been exceptional, both from a consumer point of view and with our business partners.
"We have received over 2,500 thank-you nominations from the people of Britain. We're delighted to be showcasing the responses we have had in such a memorable and fitting way – it’s great to see such consumer engagement with the Avios brand."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)