Expedia marketer Andrew Warner joins jobs website Monster
Expedia's long-serving marketing chief Andrew Warner has joined jobs company Monster Worldwide to head up marketing at its European business.
Andrew Warner: has joined jobs website Monster
Warner, a former Royal Mail, Microsoft and LG marketer, left his role as senior marketing director, EMEA, at Expedia last month. It is not known if he will be replaced.
He joins Monster, one of the first internet companies set up in the US in 1994, as vice-president marketing for Europe.
During his time at Expedia, he overhauled the travel firm’s brand positioning and oversaw the roll-out of the site’s services in new markets including the Netherlands, Spain and Ireland. The firm was nominated for Marketing Society Brand of the Year in 2011 and 2013 under his stewardship.
Warner began his career at Royal Mail in the mid-1990s, before joining the BBC as marketing manager in 1997. A stint as head of marketing for Emap Online was followed by four years as marketing and planning director at Microsoft’s messaging service MSN.
In 2004, Warner joined Sony Ericsson as global brand director, before becoming UK and Ireland chief marketing officer at LG Electronics. He joined Expedia in 2010.
Expedia could not be reached for comment at the time of publication.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London