Heineken Star Cabs competition offers drinkers free London taxi rides
Heineken is offering consumers the chance to "discover" London with a free taxi ride if they buy a beer using a special app.
Heineken: Star Cabs competition offers drinkers free London taxi rides
As part of the beer brand’s on-going Open Your City campaign, on the first Saturday of every month, a fleet of Heineken-branded taxis will transport consumers across the capital.
Consumers must download the brand’s new Star Cabs app and use it to buy a Heineken at one of 30 "destination bars" in location such as Brixton, Clapham, Shoreditch, Angel, Camden, Notting Hill and Balham.
They are then able to request a Star Cab and share the request on social media, before being alerted by SMS if they have won a taxi trip. Winners will be transported to another bar, where they are welcomed by a host, and provided with the tools to "choose where the night takes them and truly open up their city".
David Lette, brand director world lager at Heineken, said: "Star Cabs is the flagship UK brand experience of our Open Your City campaign. It’s an ingenious way to imbue the global campaign with an unforgettable experiential twist that’s unique to London.
"By nudging Londoners into exploring the rest of the city, we can more than achieve our goal of becoming a brand enabler whilst giving consumers a genuinely valuable experience that will put Heineken front of mind."
The Star Cabs campaign, by agency RPM, follows the launch of a Heineken’s @wherenext app, allowing users in London and New York to discover nearby venues that are trending across social networks.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London