The Shard's Shangri-La mulls dedicated UK agency
The Shard's Shangri-La Hotel has begun contacting agencies as it considers appointing a creative shop in the UK.
Shangri-La at The Shard: hotel group considers hiring a creative agency in the UK
The hotel, which occupies the 34th to the 52nd floor of London’s Shard building, has not yet called a formal pitch but it is having exploratory talks with creative agencies.
Shangri-La uses Ogilvy & Mather Hong Kong for its global brand work but the hotel is considering whether hiring a separate agency in London would be beneficial.
Ogilvy & Mather Hong Kong has worked with Shangri-La on its global brand since 2009, when it won a pitch against the incumbent, TBWA, and another agency.
Havas Media was appointed as Shangri-La's global media planning and buying agency after a competitive pitch in 2012 and runs the business out of Hong Kong. Maxus was the previous media agency.
Shangri-La opened its Shard hotel – its first in the UK – in May 2014 and charges £375 per night for a standard room. The chain has 144 hotels across Asia, Europe and North America.
A spokeswoman for Shangri-La Hotel declined to comment
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London