Dita Von Teese-esque giant martini glass takes centre stage for Belvedere Vodka
If you have ever had a burning desire to pose in a martini glass - a la burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese - then now is your chance in the latest activity by the vodka brand to help drinkers answer the age old question: shaken or stirred?
Belvedere, the premium vodka brand, has opened an exhibition at London’s Royal Academy to celebrate 'Legends of the Martini'.
Visitors will be guided around the Senate Rooms exploring the evolution of the martini, from gin through to vodka, "meeting glamorous and enigmatic characters from popular culture who have made the martini famous".
"Legends" including Frank Sinatra, Ernest Hemingway, Elizabeth Taylor and Kate Moss have inspired the exhibition, with contemporary artists, including a photographer, a poet and set designer, re-interpreting each of the martini-loving celebrities in the different artworks and installations.
After touring the exhibition and climbing into the martini glass (although not compulsory), guests can then pay to sample three mini martinis in the pop-up bar, each designed to show-off the different ways to take the drink: shaken versus stirred; a choice of vermouths; wet versus dry; and different garnishes.
"The martini is steeped with history and glamour, yet is extremely divisive," said Claire Smith, head of mixology and spirit creation at Belvedere Vodka. "We want to demystify the drink, helping people work out which martini suits their palate and teaching them that there really is a martini to suit everyone."
The exhibition is free to enter and runs until 31 August.
Client: Nick Ambridge, senior brand manager, Belvedere Vodka
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)