Dixons Carphone launches with fresh brand identity and combined stores
PC World and Currys-owner Dixons Retail and Carphone Warehouse have today completed their £3.9bln merger and begun trading shares on the London Stock Exchange under the name of Dixons Carphone.
Dixons Carphone: combined business launches today
Today also marks the launch of seven of the brand's combined stores across the UK and its new Dixons Carphone logo, as the entity seeks to tap into the way it predicts technology will transform households, with a focus on the 'internet of things' – the convergence of mobile and electrical items.
Sebastian James, group chief executive of the merged business said: "Customers using Currys, PC World and Carphone Warehouse websites will be guided to the right place to buy from the whole range that we have to offer together – from a toaster to the latest smartphone.
"Our offices now proudly show our new combined identity and up and down the country we are delivering a clear message to our teams and to our customers: We are one."
The combined shops will host dedicated areas for products across the business, including sections for white goods, computers and contract phones, a move that is reflected in the merged brands' website offering.
A further 23 stores are expected to be open by Christmas and all 3,000 of its shops are to eventually rebrand under the new logo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London