Nissan pushes innovative spirit with Champions League ads
Nissan is planning to "push the boundaries" of innovation with its latest global marketing campaign to promote its sponsorship of the UEFA Champions League.
Nissan: recruits Thiago Silva and Andrés Iniesta for new campaign
Having replaced Ford as Champions League’s automotive partner after 21 years, the Japanese car manufacturer has recruited footballers Andrés Iniesta and Thiago Silva as global ambassadors for the campaign.
The campaign, which launched last night during Real Madrid’s UEFA Super Cup victory over Sevilla, aims to encapsulate the excitement of innovation, drawing comparisons between great football and new technology.
Barcelona star Iniesta and Brazil captain Thiago Silva appear in TV ads, and will also make a series of personal appearances at match day events and on social media on behalf of Nissan.
Bastien Schupp, vice-president marketing, Europe, at Nissan said: "As two of the game's leading players who have won multiple titles between them, Andrés and Thiago will bring their passion and enthusiasm to Nissan and together we will innovate to excite the fans."
Speaking to Marketing earlier this year, Schupp revealed his primary objective is to use the Champions League to boost brand awareness across Europe.
He said: "We’re very strong in the UK but that’s not the case everywhere. The fact we are present over 17 weeks, alongside the best players in the world, is a good platform."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Content Marketing Executive (utilities) ADLIB £22000 - £27000 per annum, Stroud