Samsung swoops for McLaren digital boss James Keady
McLaren Automotive global digital boss James Keady has joined Samsung has its UK head of digital.
Samsung: rolls out tactical digital campaign around Prince George's first birthday
Keady, who joined the sports car marque as global head of digital, social and CRM in 2011, moved to his new role at Samsung last month. It is not known if he has been replaced at McLaren.
Former Foster’s and National Australia Bank marketer Keady began his career in Australia in 2003, before moving to Europe to join pharmaceuticals business GSK as group brand manager in 2009.
Keady joins Samsung as the electronics giant looks to ramp up its digital marketing efforts, following the success of its record-breaking ‘Oscars selfie’ taken by Ellen DeGeneres.
Last month, Samsung rolled out a digital campaign celebrating the diversity of modern British families on the day of Prince George’s first birthday.
The tongue-in-cheek activity, by Cheil UK, appeared on the tech company’s permanent large screen at London’s Piccadilly Circus.
Speaking at a Brand Republic event last year, Keady argued that content was the "voice" of a brand and it was important to "allocate the respect, investment, and focus it requires".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London