Fashion brands install high-tech mannequins to target shoppers' mobiles
Fashion brands including House of Fraser, Jaeger & Hawes and Curtis yesterday (12 August) rolled out VMBeacon, a new technology to engage consumers. Marketing spoke to Adrian Coe, co-founder of Iconeme, to find out how it could revolutionise the shopping experience.
"A VMBeacon is a version of a bluetooth light beacon; we've custom made the beacon and it goes within our visual merchandising equipment," said Coe.
Customers who download the Iconeme app will be notified as they pass shop windows containing interactive manequins, welcoming them into the store and invites them to launch the app.
They can then browse or save the look, share with a friend or purchase from the retailer's website.
Iconeme is launching with Jaeger on London's Regent Street, House of Fraser in Aberdeen via its online store, and Bentalls shopping mall in Kingston.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)