Hearst's Company magazine to become online-only brand
Hearst's Company magazine aimed at 16-24 year old females, is set to become a standalone digital brand after its October issue out next month.
Front cover of Company in March 2013: will move to online-only after October 2014 issue
The publisher claims the move will allow Company to "focus its editorial efforts on supporting the desires of its 16 – 24 year-old female audience through its award-winning digital properties".
In the past six months, traffic to Company.co.uk has increased by 46%, with return visitors up 99% and social traffic up more than 140%.
The monthly print edition of Company, which costs £2.60, has dropped in the last 10 years from 332,603 in the second half of 2004 to 90,116 in the second half of 2013.
Company's monthly tablet edition had only just started to gain traction, responsible for just 2,057 average copies per month in the last official audit.
Anna Jones, chief executive of Hearst Magazines UK, said: "As a standalone digital brand, Company is well placed to provide a unique and dedicated service to this dynamic 16-24 old female demographic.
"Company already has a strong social presence across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube and this focus will ensure this audience remains a key part of Hearst’s product portfolio.
"Company Magazine has earned a loyal following since its original launch in 1978 and I’d like to thank the hard-working editorial team, led by Editor-in-Chief Victoria White, for their continued dedication and passion as we take the brand into this next phase."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)