Domino's marketing head Jane Walker joins Madame Tussauds operator Merlin
Domino's Pizza is on the hunt for a new head of marketing after the departure of Jane Walker to Madame Tussauds operator Merlin Entertainments.
Merlin Entertainments: hires Jane Walker
Former Yum and Premier Foods marketer Walker joined Domino's 18 months ago from Carphone Warehouse, where she held the role of head of marketing strategy and insight.
She was responsible for creating and running the 'Greatness from Domino’s' TV ad campaign, as well as working on menus used by stores and managing the brand's creative agency, Iris.
Walker has joined Merlin Entertainments in a global marketing role, with responsibility for its attractions such as Madame Tussauds, Legoland, the London Eye and Alton Towers.
Domino’s new head of marketing will report to Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director, to establish the distribution of budget on advertising and promotions. The new recruit will be responsible for ensuring that a consistent brand identity is communicated by the pizza group in the UK and Ireland.
A spokesperson for Domino’s told Marketing: "Jane brought a great deal of rigour and detail, particularly to our brand planning and campaign calendar process. She really will be missed."
In 2005, she was named by Marketing as one of our Power 100 Next Generation Marketers, while in 2007 Campaign named Walker as a "marketing rising star".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)