10 of the best 'sharing economy' brands making a difference
With the success of Airbnb and Index Ventures' recent investment in JustPark, it seems peer- to-peer services are on the rise. In light of these developments, Marketing brings you 10 noteworthy examples of sharing economy brands.
Borrowmydoggy memberships are designed for those dog owners seeking a break, and dog fanatics in need of some canine company. On paying a fee to join the community, dog owners and borrowers can choose from a list of nearby matches, meet up, and reap the benefits of their respective dog-related requirements.
JustPark, first released in 2006, allows users to earn money from renting their parking spaces out to drivers in need of a place to park. The JustPark initiative responds to a scarcity in spaces, providing a cost-effective answer to increased congestion and concerns over road safety. The success of the website was demonstrated when BMW invested a minority stake in the business earlier this year. Over 18,000 property owners have rented their spaces to 6 million people a year using JustPark.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London