Cancer Research UK campaign reinforces its mission to increase survival rates
Charity Cancer Research UK has launched a multi-media campaign setting out its ambition to increase cancer survival rates.
The ‘We Will Beat Cancer Sooner’ campaign launched on 18 August and is running for six weeks across all media channels.
It is based on recent statistics that show one in two people now survive cancer. 40 years ago only one in four people survived cancer for 10 years or more.
Cancer Research UK has set out to double the speed of progress and increase this to three in four people surviving cancer, over the next 20 years.
The campaign, by AMV BBDO, includes a TV ad entitled "what now?", supported by outdoor, radio, digital and print to showcase ways for consumers to get involved.
Carolan Davidge, director of communications for Cancer Research UK, said: "The We Will Beat Cancer Sooner campaign sets out our ambition that cancer will be beaten, with the help of our supporters.
"This ambition gives us licence to communicate with a new bold attitude, emphasising our determination and conviction, while also highlighting the importance of collective support.
"It’s as a united front that we will reach our ultimate goal, to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)