McDonald's seals Kraft deal to sell McCafe coffee brand in grocery stores
US shoppers will soon be able to enjoy McDonald's coffee outside the fast-food chain's outlets, following a deal with Kraft that will allow the McCafe brand to be sold in grocery stores.
McCafe: McDonald's coffee brand to go on sale at US retailers in 2015
The brand extension, which mirrors moves by Starbucks in 2009 to sell its Via-branded coffee outside its own outlets, will allow a variety of packaged ground and whole-bean blends, as well as "on-demand" single cup servings, to go on sale from early 2015.
McCafé is made from 100% arabica beans. It will be available in variants including Premium Roast, Breakfast Blend, Hazelnut, French Vanilla and Premium Roast Decaf. On-demand single-serve cups will come in three varieties.
Retailers planning on stocking McCafé coffee include supermarkets and drugstores.
Greg Watson, McDonald’s senior vice-president of US menu innovation, said: "We understand there is huge demand for at home options and we've built great success with our McCafé coffee in restaurants. So, it was a natural next step to provide customers with McCafé coffee to enjoy in their own home.
"We have always been committed to serving delicious, high quality beverages at a value and we're happy to provide consumers another great way to enjoy McDonald's McCafé coffees."
Nina Barton, Kraft Foods’ vice-president of coffee, said: "In a competitive category that is growing rapidly and changing every day, this new partnership with McDonald's represents a whole new era in the world of at-home premium coffee.
"This partnership will allow us to leverage each company's best-in-class capabilities, putting us in a prime position to drive further category growth and deliver one of America's largest, fastest-growing coffee brands to coffee lovers nationwide."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London