Samsung installs 'midnight rainbow' to promote Galaxy Tab S tablet
A digital rainbow built using 150 Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets will stand on London's Southbank for 24 hours, making a bright addition to the view over St Paul's Cathedral and the City.
Samsung unveiled its "midnight rainbow" installation last night (19 August) in a bid to show off the Galaxy Tab S tablet, which it launched in June.
The company has tweaked each tablet’s 10.5in display to show off a spectrum of colours, giving the effect of an 8-bit rainbow. The idea is to showcase the Galaxy Tab S’ advanced Super AMOLED display – and to give its Twitter followers a chance to win one for themselves through the #midnightrainbow competition.
Russell Taylor, the company’s vice-president of corporate marketing, said the rainbow had been chosen as a universally positive symbol. "Creating a midnight rainbow has never been done before," he said. "We're excited to introduce this installation to the iconic Southbank skyline, inspiring people to appreciate and capture colour in new ways."
Agency: The Red Consultancy
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)