Instagram appeals to brands with beefed-up ad analytics tools
Instagram has rolled out three tools that will allow brands to monitor their performance on its fledgling ad network.
The first tool, account insights, will show impressions, reach and engagement across all photos posted by a brand.
A second ad insights dashboard will specifically show how paid campaigns are performing, displaying impressions, reach and frequency for individual ads.
Finally, the ad staging tool will allow brands to plan future activities by creating, previewing and collaborating on campaigns.
An Instagram blog said: "The new tools will help brands monitor their posts and campaigns by providing information on reach, impressions, and engagement. For example, an advertiser will now have access to a real-time campaign summary and data showing how their target audience is responding to each of their sponsored photos."
The new tools will also suggest the best time of day to post a photo or video.
Advertising on Instagram is still in the early stages, with the company working directly with US advertisers such as Ben & Jerry's, Burberry and PayPal. The new tools are only available to existing ad partners for now, although Instagram promised it would add more brands "later this year".
Instagram product manager Jeff Kanter said the company would consider rolling out the tools to non-ad partners, but added that big brand clients were currently the priority.
"Our doors are open and we’re working with a lot of large brands now to prove that Instagram works," he told the Wall Street Journal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (Senior) Major Players £00000000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Visual Designer Experis Circa £43,000 + Benefits, London (City of), London (Greater)