Pernod Ricard set to replace CMO Martin Riley
Pernod Ricard CMO Martin Riley will retire in December, with the drinks company set to replace him with current South Africa managing director Conor McQuaid.
Martin Riley: to be succeeded as CMO at Pernod Ricard by Conor McQuaid
Pernod Ricard confirmed Riley's retirement to Marketing, but gave no further detail.
To prep him for the role, McQuaid has been provisionally appointed vice-president of marketing for the group.
McQuaid will help oversee Pernod Ricard's cost-cutting scheme, Project Allegro, which will involve merging the drinks company's marketing and commercial development arms. He will report to Thierry Billot, managing director for brands, and will work closely with Riley until the latter's departure.
The reshuffle was revealed as Pernod Ricard's full-year results for 2013 were announced, with the French company recording a 13% net profit drop to €1.02bn. Full-year sales fell 7% to €7.95bn, driven by a decline in sales in China.
Chief executive officer Pierre Pringuet pointed to an environment that was "more difficult than expected" and promised to save €150m in costs over the next three years, helped by the restructuring project and redundancies.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)