Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
Watch Direct Line's latest ad starring Harvey Keitel reprising his character Winston Wolf from 'Pulp Fiction'.
Harvey Keitel: Pulp Fiction star appears in latest Direct Line campaign
The campaign, created by Saatchi & Saatchi, marks a shift from the brand’s previous functional ads featuring a red telephone, and instead present Keitel as the ultimate "fixer" for people with Direct Line insurance.
The first of the four TV ads, "break in", launches during the first episode of the new series of ‘The X Factor’ on ITV tomorrow evening. MediaCom handled the planning and buying for the campaign.
The TV ads will be complemented with a series of "how to" ads that will appear on social media as well as cinema, print and other digital activity.
"Break in, fire" was created by Paul Silburn, Clive Pickering, Neil Dawson, "write off" was created by Silburn, Gemma Phillips and Mark Slack, while Silburn wrote and art directed "traffic warden" on his own.
The campaign is the first created by Saatchi & Saatchi since it picked up the business from M&C Saatchi earlier this year. It is understood that Saatchi & Saatchi presented the Keitel idea in its pitch.
Kerry Chilvers, the brand director, Direct Line, said: "Fixing things for our customers and using new processes which help speed up claims, is where we know we can really make a difference.
"When something goes wrong, we know that our customers want to know we'll be ready to fix their problems with the minimum amount of hassle."
Keitel appears as Wolf, who cleans up a mess created by John Travolta’s gun going off and killing someone by accident in Pulp Fiction, courtesy of Miramax.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire