Havas Worldwide and M&C vie for EDF brief
EDF, the French energy giant, is holding a closed pitch for a major UK advertising campaign.
EDF: closed pitch for UK task
M&C Saatchi and Havas Worldwide London are both competing for the business. The shops won a place on the EDF European advertising roster earlier this year.
The two agencies are currently responding to a brief from EDF and are expecting to pitch in late September.
EDF is planning a new TV campaign to run in January 2015.
Leo Burnett, which is also on the roster, is not involved in the process.
Havas Worldwide, which already worked with EDF in some markets, was handed lead agency status in July after a seven-month pitch process. The network is responsible for co-ordination and creative consistency.
BBDO, which was the other incumbent, was also involved in the process. The network’s pitch was led by its French arm, CLM BBDO, which handled EDF’s French corporate account and the Belgium market.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO held the £11 million UK business. It introduced the brand mascot Zingy in an ad in April 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London