Havas Worldwide and M&C vie for EDF brief
EDF, the French energy giant, is holding a closed pitch for a major UK advertising campaign.
EDF: closed pitch for UK task
M&C Saatchi and Havas Worldwide London are both competing for the business. The shops won a place on the EDF European advertising roster earlier this year.
The two agencies are currently responding to a brief from EDF and are expecting to pitch in late September.
EDF is planning a new TV campaign to run in January 2015.
Leo Burnett, which is also on the roster, is not involved in the process.
Havas Worldwide, which already worked with EDF in some markets, was handed lead agency status in July after a seven-month pitch process. The network is responsible for co-ordination and creative consistency.
BBDO, which was the other incumbent, was also involved in the process. The network’s pitch was led by its French arm, CLM BBDO, which handled EDF’s French corporate account and the Belgium market.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO held the £11 million UK business. It introduced the brand mascot Zingy in an ad in April 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)