Plusnet launches TV ad for Broadband deal
Plusnet is a launching a TV campaign for its Unlimited Broadband offer.
The light-hearted ad opens with Plusnet’s character Joe watching a film in a cinema, which is cut short during the opening credits. As the voiceover, he explains that: "You don’t get much for £2.50 these days," paving the way for details of the new Plusnet offer. Joe then goes on to experience several different film scenes while offer details are outlined.
The ad was created by Karmarama and directed by Stephen Pipe from production company Kream. Joe De Souza and Sam Walker were the executive creative directors on the ad, working with creative director Sam Cartmell.
The TV ad will be backed with further activity on video-on-demand and online display ads, as well as below-the-line PR in personal finance and consumer media.
Pipe said: "As a comedy director, it's great working on a brand that has a comedian as part of its advertising. It's a great way to get across so much information in an entertaining and amusing way.
"Offer-led TV usually falls short of the mark because of its 'shouty' and rather complicated messaging, whereas this script's single minded and comical idea allows the viewer to gently 'get the message'.
"When you watch the commercial you can't help but warm to Joe and you're left with a real smile. We can all remember a good joke – we very rarely remember a boring lecture."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)