AMV BBDO leads IPA Effectiveness Awards shortlist
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is leading the charge at the 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards with four campaigns on the shortlist of 35.
Mercedes-Benz: 'sound with power' by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
Grey London follows closely behind with three campaigns on the list, while Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and M&C Saatchi have two nominations.
AMV BBDO is shortlisted for "one careful owner" for Aviva and a Mercedes brand campaign for Mercedes-Benz. The agency is also jointly listed with Havas Media for "feel better energy" for EDF Energy and with Blue Rubicon, PHD Media and Sainsbury's for "Christmas in a day: the real story of Christmas" for Sainsbury’s.
Grey London is on the shortlist with brand work entitled "enduring care" for Procter & Gamble’s Fairy, the launch campaign for GlaxoSmithKline’s Sensodyne Pronamel and "you’ve been Vinnied" for the British Heart Foundation.
RKCR/Y&R has been shortlisted for Premier Inn brand-building work for Whitbread, and a fire safety campaign for the Department for Communities and Local Government.
M&C Saatchi features on the shortlist with "be clear on cancer" for Public Health England and work for travel demand management at London 2012 for the Olympic Delivery Authority and Transport for London.
Other notable appearances on the list are Aldi’s "swap & save" campaign, created jointly by Aldi UK, Aldi Ireland and McCann Manchester, ITV for its rebrand campaign, and Adam & Eve/DDB’s "no worries" campaign for the Heineken UK brand Foster’s.
There are eight international entries on the shortlist, including JWT Tokyo for its work on the Unilever-owned brand Lux, Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia for a campaign for Milo, a Nestlé drinks brand, and DDB Tribal Group for a mobile internet campaign for Deutsche Telekom.
The chairman of judging panel is Lord Davies of Abersoch, the former chairman and chief executive of Standard Chartered and minister for trade, investment and small business.
Davies said: "These 35 shortlisted campaigns provide absolute proof of the transforming power of communications to a business’s bottom-line.
"For anyone looking for invaluable insights into how to turn a creative idea into commercial success, look no further than these exemplary cases. Congratulations to all those who have made it onto this prestigious list."
The winners will be announced at ceremony on Monday 27 October. They will be the first winners of IPA Effectiveness Awards since 2012, when the event went biennial.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)