Carat set to snatch £140m Government media buying business from M4C
Dentsu Aegis Network's Carat has snatched the Government's £140 million media buying business from Martin Sorrell's dedicated agency, M4C, pending any official objections.
Change4Life: Carat set to snatch Government media buying business from M4C
Carat, led by DAN chief executive Tracy De Groose and managing director Matthew Hook, seized the initiative by employing the Government's former COI leaders Mark Cross and Jon Hopkins after the consolidation of the business four and a half years ago.
The media agency will now handle all of the Government's media buying business for the next four years.
No-one from Carat or Dentsu Aegis Network was prepared to comment on the news.
Other agencies vying for the business with M4C and Carat were Omnicom Media Group and ZenithOptimedia.
The media buying account includes all government media campaigns, both domestically for bodies such as Public Health England and the armed forces, and abroad for VisitBritain.
All those involved in the pitch are now believed to be in a 10 day "cooling off" period, where any major issues or objections can be raised before Carat is officially appointed.
Sorrell's WPP created M4C from a consortium of specialists from MediaCom, Mindshare and Mediaedge:cia when pitching for the business in 2009/2010. It is run by Peter Kemp, the managing director.
The future for M4C and its team of more than 40 media specialists was unclear at time of publishing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)