Online shopping marketing
One of the things I liked about being a planner was seeing inside businesses - and that almost universal realisation that what everyone thought they were good at wasn't the real key to their success. What Nike is really good at is procurement. What H...
We live in a world of many screens, 90% of us will use two or more screens today to browse the internet and nearly 70% of us will buy something by first browsing on one device and then purchasing on another.
Lucky Generals have won the advertising account for the online fashion retailer Secretsales.com, following a three-way pitch process.
With its new Fire phone launched on Wednesday, Amazon has the potential to instantly hijack the high street and make every song, sign, poster and product a point of sale opportunity, says Talon's Richard Simkins
Notonthehighstreet.com, the online marketplace, has called a pitch for its digital media planning and buying business.
Ocado, the online supermarket, has shortlisted advertising agencies ahead of a pitch.
Game Group, the video games retailer, has appointed 101 to handle its advertising across Europe.
Etsy, the online marketplace for handmade and vintage goods, has hired Goodstuff Communications and Big Al's Creative Emporium to its UK media and advertising accounts respectively.
While the majority of brands and retailers have taken steps to optimise the cross-channel consumer experience, the same cannot be said for operational silos that exist within these channels.
Charles Courtier, the global chief executive of MEC, has described the awarding of the $1 billion (£600 million) worldwide media account to his agency as a "life changing win" and "crucially important" to his network, in a missive to staff.
Broadbandchoices.co.uk, the comparison site, has awarded The Red Brick Road its creative account following a three-month competitive pitch.
The UK is a brand bazaar with overseas visitors coming here in huge numbers to take advantage of tax-free shopping opportunities and buy goods from the likes of Burberry and Barbour, which even at full price are typically 30 per cent cheaper than bac...
The retailer put social media at the heart of its festive campaign to both draw in and then re-engage with customers.
As the social media network prepares to celebrate ten years, Arif Durrani asks if an ageing user base spells trouble.
The UK is the world's leading ecommerce exporter with a trade surplus of £720 million in 2013, according to a new study.
Debenhams, the department store, has appointed digital marketing agency iCrossing as its SEO agency.
The High Street is not dead, it's just changing around the new holy trinity of modern retail - bricks, clicks and touch - says Primesight's commercial director, Chris Forrester.
The old days of painstakingly carving toys out of wood and gifting them to your loved ones at Christmas seem almost alien in today's gadget-driven world.
Marks & Spencer has unveiled its fairytale-inspired Christmas ad, featuring Rosie Huntington-Whitely, David Gandy and Helena Bonham-Carter, on its social media channels and website.
Arif Durrani talks with Amazon's global vice-present of advertising sales, Lisa Utzschneider, about a growing part of the retail giant's business.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)