EBay hires Sarah Calcott following departure of UK marketing director
EBay has appointed Sarah Calcott as its senior marketing director for the UK following the departure of Amanda Metcalfe, the company's first UK and Ireland marketing director.
Sarah Calcott: new UK senior marketing director at eBay
Calcott will report to European vice-president of marketing Alex Von Schirmeister, and she will be tasked to "attract, engage and retain shoppers" as the company shifts its positioning from an auction site to a more traditional retailer.
Before joining eBay, Calcott was at BSkyB for seven years where her responsibilities included overseeing the company’s consumer marketing operations.
Von Schirmeister said: "As eBay has evolved, so have consumer behaviours and expectations when it comes to shopping – they want to be connected to the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere, on any device.
"This exciting period of change means it is vital we have the right people supporting the business as our evolution journey continues."
News of the appointment comes after Metcalfe, who was previously an interim head of marketing at Sainsbury’s, leaves eBay after just over a year in the job. It is not clear if she has a job to go to.
EBay created the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Media Manager Pitch Consultants £33000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior eCRM Digital Producer / Project Manager, £45K, The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £45K, Farringdon