How do we avoid recruitment mistakes?
Agony uncle and University of Westminster's visiting professor of PR Trevor Morris gives it to you straight
Trevor Morris: PRWeek's agony uncle
We get plenty of applicants for PR jobs. Most have very good university degrees. Unfortunately once we take them on they sometimes fail to live up to the promise, especially in terms of their writing skills. How can we avoid recruitment mistakes?
Give them a writing test. Ask them to turn 150 words of information into a news story. You’ll soon know if: a) they can identify a story; b) they can write tight, engaging, literate copy and c) they can work under pressure.
Got a problem? Contact Trevor at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London