How do we avoid recruitment mistakes?
Agony uncle and University of Westminster's visiting professor of PR Trevor Morris gives it to you straight
Trevor Morris: PRWeek's agony uncle
We get plenty of applicants for PR jobs. Most have very good university degrees. Unfortunately once we take them on they sometimes fail to live up to the promise, especially in terms of their writing skills. How can we avoid recruitment mistakes?
Give them a writing test. Ask them to turn 150 words of information into a news story. You’ll soon know if: a) they can identify a story; b) they can write tight, engaging, literate copy and c) they can work under pressure.
Got a problem? Contact Trevor at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Account Executive - Creative Consumer Agency Hanson Search up to £26,000, London