How do we avoid recruitment mistakes?
Agony uncle and University of Westminster's visiting professor of PR Trevor Morris gives it to you straight
Trevor Morris: PRWeek's agony uncle
We get plenty of applicants for PR jobs. Most have very good university degrees. Unfortunately once we take them on they sometimes fail to live up to the promise, especially in terms of their writing skills. How can we avoid recruitment mistakes?
Give them a writing test. Ask them to turn 150 words of information into a news story. You’ll soon know if: a) they can identify a story; b) they can write tight, engaging, literate copy and c) they can work under pressure.
Got a problem? Contact Trevor at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Super Benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Marketing and Communications Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Buckinghamshire