Top of the month: Nando's to reward globetrotting fan with free meals for life
PRWeek writer Alex Benady loves the way that Nando's management transformed a 'computer says no moment' into a nationally covered story of can-do positivity.
Nando's: "the canny yet kindly Nando’s allowed Poole to complete his quest."
"Nando’s afficionado Christopher Poole, from St Albans, spent £1,000 (and gained a stone) in the restaurant chain after seeing details of a competition promising winners free meals for life if they could prove they had eaten at every one of Nando’s branches in the world. Poole wolfed his way through meals at all 85 branches of Nando’s in the UK, carefully documenting each repast with a photograph. He was midway through planning a lengthy trip to Australia to tackle the country’s 300 branches when he discovered that the competition, originally run two years ago, was now closed.
Nando’s could have said: ‘Tough, you should have read the terms and conditions.’ But no, the canny yet kindly Nando’s allowed Poole to complete his quest. All he had to do was visit the other 825 branches to get his free meals for life. Nando’s reward was glowing reports in the Daily Mail, Metro, Daily Star and The Independent, and on Yahoo, News.com.au and Reveal.co.uk.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London