Reckitt Benckiser retains ZenithOptimedia to £80m UK media
Reckitt Benckiser, the owner of Cillit Bang and Durex, has retained ZenithOptimedia to its £81 million UK media planning and buying account.
Reckett Benckiser: ZenithOptimedia retains UK media account
Sources said Zenith Media has lost the US business, which Dentsu’s Aegis has picked up as part of the move. IPG’s Initiative is also thought to have picked up business in Asia, as well as retained its European markets.
A spokeswoman for RB declined to comment on what agency groups would be working with the company in what regions.
Heather Allen, the executive vice-president of global category development at RB, said: "We were delighted with the quality of the proposals we received from both our existing partners and the new ones, with whom we’re excited to be working with for the first time on a global basis.
"Our media investment is critical for our brands to engage with consumers around the world. RB is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in consumer health, hygiene and home, and we’re looking forward to successful growth for our agency partners and us going forward."
RB spent £81 million in the 12 months to the end of September 2012, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)