High street retail marketing
Homebase has signed a three-year deal with BSkyB's customer intelligence arm Sky IQ.
Almost a quarter of shoppers use their mobile phones while waiting outside retail destinations, whereas only three per cent use them while looking at products, according to research from Starcom MediaVest Group.
Furniture retailer DFS is to pitch its direct marketing, data analytics and planning and content strategy accounts through the AAR, with a shortlist currently being drawn up.
Charles Courtier, the global chief executive of MEC, has described the awarding of the $1 billion (£600 million) worldwide media account to his agency as a "life changing win" and "crucially important" to his network, in a missive to staff.
Wilkinson, the household goods retailer, has launched a TV campaign featuring ship-proud pirates, to announce its rebrand as Wilko.
B&Q, the home improvement retailer, has released a TV spot that urges people to engage in DIY.
Amscreen has launched Audience Assured Advertising (AAA) across its digital out-of-home network, a metric it hopes will become a new standard in digital out-of-home accountability.
CHI & Partners has retained the £55 million Argos advertising account after a head-to-head battle against Now.
Haymarket Network, the contract publishing arm of Haymarket Media Group, has launched Forever Sports, the biggest new men's magazine to hit the newsstand in a decade.
Homebase, the home and garden retailer, has ditched the shipping containers that have featured in its ads for the past two years in favour of showing a family transforming their home and garden.
Sofaworks, the sofa retailer previously called CSL, has signed a sponsorship deal for the high-profile TV show 'Gogglebox', ahead of its return in a new Friday night slot on 7 March.
B&Q is on the hunt for a digital agency as part of the marketing overhaul that saw it replace Karmarama with WCRS on its advertising account.
The UK is a brand bazaar with overseas visitors coming here in huge numbers to take advantage of tax-free shopping opportunities and buy goods from the likes of Burberry and Barbour, which even at full price are typically 30 per cent cheaper than bac...
Habitat, part of Home Retail Group, has hired Portas, the agency founded by Mary Portas, to its creative account.
The retailer put social media at the heart of its festive campaign to both draw in and then re-engage with customers.
Forget the Year of the Horse - London's mayor, Boris Johnson, this week declared 2014 to be the "Year of the Bus" in the capital. A clear threat in the glamour stakes to Rio's World Cup.
As the social media network prepares to celebrate ten years, Arif Durrani asks if an ageing user base spells trouble.
Wilkinson, the household goods chain, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to create its 2014 ad campaign and Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its media planning and buying.
The UK is the world's leading ecommerce exporter with a trade surplus of £720 million in 2013, according to a new study.
Sales of twin-bell alarm clocks jumped 55 per cent at John Lewis in the week after one was featured in the retailer's Christmas campaign.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Commercial Strategist - Innovation Consultant Trace c. £40k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Multiple User Experience Positions Source £40000 - £100000 per annum + various benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Branding & Packaging to £55k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Trace £45k to £50k total package, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (Wes...
- Business Development Director Newcastle Gateshead Initiative £50-60k plus benefits, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear / Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear