B&Q releases brand campaign ahead of Easter
B&Q, the home improvement retailer, has released a TV spot that urges people to engage in DIY.
WCRS created the spot, which debuts on TV today (4 April). It is the agency’s first work for the brand since winning the account without a pitch in January and the brand has backed the campaign with a £10 million investment.
The ad targets the Easter DIY-crowd and features frumpy-looking people bursting out of their clothes and into dynamic work gear, as a voiceover challenges people to "unleash the B&Q in you". The soundtrack to the ad is Snap’s ‘I’ve Got The Power’.
The work was created by Jane Briers and Dave Cornmell. It was directed by Olly Williams through HSI and MEC handled the media planning and buying.
The minute-long TV spot will be supported by two 30-second spots that plug specific new B&Q products.
Ross Neil, a creative director at WCRS, said: "Nobody wants to been seen as someone with a moping, can't do attitude. Everyone wants to be seen as a can do person, someone with a little B&Q in them. Someone who can get on and do the job.
"With the help of Olly [the director] we've managed to bring this to life in an extraordinary way.
"All the ads are B&Q from the core featuring the famous orange apron, we just wanted to remind people how much they love B&Q in an entertaining manner."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire