Maybelline tops CBS Outdoor's brand-guessing game
Maybelline's iconic "Maybe she's born with it" strapline has topped CBS Outdoor's brand recognition game in celebration of 150 years of advertising on the London Underground.
CBS Outdoor: Maybelline's strapline was the most recognised by participants
CBS launched its 150 Brands quiz with a two-week poster campaign, featuring 115 posters across 78 stations that challenged commuters to identify 150 brands that have advertised on the London Underground.
The quiz was split into two halves, with 75 product-based visual clues and 75 strapline-based clues, while commuters were directed to the 150brands.co.uk website to submit their guesses (and be in with a chance of winning a year's free travel).
Of the 38,000 visits to the site during the competition period, from 29 July to 11 August, only 700 players correctly identified all 150 brands.
The most recalled strapline, Maybelline's "Maybe she's born with it", was created by Lintas New York in 1991 as part of a $50m advertising blitz designed to update the cosmetics brand's practical image (its previous slogans included the sleep-inducing "Fine makeup, sensibly priced").
Making up the rest of the top five most memorable straplines were (in order): "Taste is King" (Burger King), "Just Do It" (Nike), "It's Finger Lickin' Good" (KFC) and "I'm Lovin' it" (McDonald's).
The top five most recognisable product images (based on abstract close-ups of the product rather than any ad campaign) were, in order: Heinz Tomato Ketchup, Orangina, Corona Beer, Jaguar and Playstation.
CBS Outdoor worked in collaboration with creative agency Clinic to execute the campaign, which was a follow-up to last year's "look for longer" game.
click to enlarge the image below
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Digital Designer Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Web Analyst Zebra People £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, City of London