HSBC and WaterAid celebrate World Water Day with interactive water display
HSBC and WaterAid have created an interactive water display in Canary Wharf that spells out supporters' names to celebrate World Water Day on Saturday 22 March.
The water fountain, or Aquascript, spelt out the names of WaterAid supporters who had texted the word ‘everyone’ and their name to 78866 or tweeted their name using the hashtag #Everyoneeverywhere.
HSBC is WaterAid’s biggest corporate partner and its HSBC Water Programme, which aims to reach 1.1 million people in Asia and Africa with safe water, supported the Aquascript.
Oritsé Williams, a member of the band JLS, attended the Aquascript’s launch yesterday and his name was the first to be displayed on the wall of water.
Chris Goode, the European coordinator of the HSBC Water Programme who visited WaterAid projects in 2013, said: "I saw the impact of WaterAid’s work first-hand when I visited Ghana. In one school we visited, by simply installing toilet and hand washing facilities, attendance and enrolment had increased by almost 25 per cent.
"The HSBC Water Programme is funding improvements to so many lives and we’re really proud to support WaterAid."
The Aquascript took place today and yesterday.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)