HSBC and WaterAid celebrate World Water Day with interactive water display
HSBC and WaterAid have created an interactive water display in Canary Wharf that spells out supporters' names to celebrate World Water Day on Saturday 22 March.
The water fountain, or Aquascript, spelt out the names of WaterAid supporters who had texted the word ‘everyone’ and their name to 78866 or tweeted their name using the hashtag #Everyoneeverywhere.
HSBC is WaterAid’s biggest corporate partner and its HSBC Water Programme, which aims to reach 1.1 million people in Asia and Africa with safe water, supported the Aquascript.
Oritsé Williams, a member of the band JLS, attended the Aquascript’s launch yesterday and his name was the first to be displayed on the wall of water.
Chris Goode, the European coordinator of the HSBC Water Programme who visited WaterAid projects in 2013, said: "I saw the impact of WaterAid’s work first-hand when I visited Ghana. In one school we visited, by simply installing toilet and hand washing facilities, attendance and enrolment had increased by almost 25 per cent.
"The HSBC Water Programme is funding improvements to so many lives and we’re really proud to support WaterAid."
The Aquascript took place today and yesterday.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)