Paddy Power locks up traitor who bet on Italy in World Cup stunt
Paddy Power has continued its tactical World Cup campaign with a special build billboard featuring a caged "traitor" who had bet on Italy beating England on Saturday.
Paddy Power: runs World Cup 'traitor' stunt
The activity involved locking up the man, called "Tony", in a gibbet (a type of cage used to imprison traitors, murderers, highwaymen, pirates and sheep stealers in the 18th Century) that was hung from a billboard.
The billboard said: "Traitor Tony. Backed Italy with Paddy Power. And made a killing. It’s treason season."
M2M, the Omnicom media agency, devised the campaign for Paddy Power. The innovations team at Talon Outdoor worked with Clear Channel’s Create division to produce the special build within hours of Italy beating England 2-1.
At Crispin Porter & Bogusky the creative team behind the campaign was Joe Bruce and Kate Baker.
The special build was designed to complement the bookies’ TV campaign. Paddy Power is also encouraging people to take a photo of themselves with the billboard (a "selfie") and post it on Twitter using the #Brazilnuts.
Anybody want to bag themselves a quick £50 and a nab a selfie with this guy this morning? pic.twitter.com/fowd8FNXnW— Paddy Power (@paddypower) June 16, 2014
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)