TK Maxx kicks off pan-Euro creative pitch
TK Maxx, the retailer, is hunting for its first pan-European creative agency.
TK Maxx: winning shop will work with in-house creative team
The successful shop will support TK Maxx’s internal creative and brand department, which currently runs its advertising.
The brand, which spent £7.6 million on UK media in the year to September 2012 according to Nielsen, is planning to appoint an agency by the end of May as part of a drive to attract customers to its "brands for less" concept, which offers designer and high-street brands for clothing, homeware, gifts and accessories at discounted prices.
Following chemistry meetings, three agencies – Brothers and Sisters, The Brooklyn Brothers and Karmarama – will go head-to-head in the pitch, which is being run through Oystercatchers.
Deborah Dolce, the group marketing director at TK Maxx, said: "We are looking for an agency with strong fashion retail understanding that can help us propel our exciting and unique concept forward."
TK Maxx has an annual turnover of £2 billion in Europe. It launched in the UK in 1994 and now has more than 250 stores across the country. The retailer’s main markets are the UK, Ireland, Poland and Germany.
The brand is currently airing a TV spot, "Do Your Thing", in the UK featuring dancers performing in TK Maxx clothing.
The ad aims to celebrate individual style and its soundtrack is a cover of Do Your Thing by Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band.
The retailer’s media planning and buying is handled by WPP’s Mindshare, which is not affected by the review.
TK Maxx worked with Ogilvy & Mather on a one-off digital brief last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall