PepsiCo hires Karmarama for new nuts snack
PepsiCo has appointed Karmarama to create an integrated launch campaign for TigerNuts, its new Walkers "crisp/nuts" snack, after a pitch.
Walkers' TigerNuts: PepsiCo hires Karmarama to handle launch
The brief will be the first work the independently owned agency, part of the Karma Communications Group, has produced for the snacks and soft drinks giant.
The integrated campaign will launch in the UK later in the spring and is likely to include national press, digital and radio work.
Karmarama picked up the brief for the campaign after a competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The coated peanuts have tiger-patterned shells and come in flavours based on Walkers' crisp varieties, such as salt and vinegar and smoky bacon.
PepsiCo plans to tap into an emergent mass-market snack sector, as the flavoured nuts category grew by 36% between 2010 and 2012, according to Nielsen figures.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is the main creative agency for PepsiCo's brands in the UK, including Walkers, and is not affected by the win.
OMD UK will handle media planning and buying for the new brand, after PepsiCo consolidated its UK media into the agency last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London