The Co-op appoints Holler to handle social media
The Co-operative Group has appointed Holler to handle its social media account.
The Co-op: Christmas 2012 by Leo Burnett
Holler will be The Co-operative's first social media agency and will be responsible for social strategy, tactical work, community management, engagement production, blogger outreach and seeding.
The Leo Burnett-owned agency won the account following a five-way pitch.
The appointment marks a new digital push for the brand, incorporating social media across the breadth of its businesses.
It will also strengthen the Leo Burnett Group’s relationship with the building society, following on the appointment of Leo Burnett to its advertising account last year.
The agency's first work for the brand will focus on The Co-operative's legal services. Following that, Holler will handle briefs for the brand's food, banking and electrical services, and will develop group and business-specific social strategies.
Gail Lyon, the head of social at The Co-operative, said: "We chose to work with Holler because of their clear ability to see social as something that is both a unique engagement tool and that is integrated throughout a business."
James Kirkham, the co-founder of Holler, said: "The excitement here is being able to show you all how to flip regular social on its head. We can't wait to present a brand new world of social media through this activity."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London
- EMEA Mobile Agency Manager (Mobile Ad Technology) Digital Gurus £45000 per annum + 90,000 OTE, London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London