Edelman hires McKinsey's Michael Stewart to replace Robert Phillips
Edelman has named Michael Stewart as CEO of Edelman Europe following the exit of Robert Phillips last year.
Michael Stewart: Joining Edelman
Stewart, currently global director of comms at McKinsey & Company, takes over from Susan Eastoe, who was in the role on an interim basis following Phillips’ shock exit.
Phillips, who was EMEA president and CEO, left last November and a month later it was announced that the role was set to be reduced in scope.
This change will take place when Stewart joins in July to oversee Edelman’s European and CIS region, which consists of 17 offices.
He will report to Matthew Harrington, global COO, and join the firm’s executive committee.
Harrington said: ‘Michael is a proven business and communications leader, who, having been based in Europe for more than 15 years, understands the market and its opportunities for growth. His global experience – spanning Europe, Asia, North America and South America – and expertise in growing matrixed organisations will propel us even further in this region.’
Stewart has worked at McKinsey & Company in his current role since 2004, and before that was director of comms for the Americas and for Asia.
Eastoe will return to her former role of COO EMEA.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Lead - Fresh Produce x2 Brand Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus a market leading benefits package, Hertford
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Hitchin
- Director of Brand & Marketing Communications Three £Excellent + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead