Clarks hires first head of PR for overseas markets
Shoemaker and retailer Clarks is stepping up its pursuit of international growth with the appointment of its first head of PR outside the UK.
Verity Cash: joins from Bray Leino
Verity Cash will lead comms across Asia-Pacific, covering 40 countries, including China, India, Dubai and Japan.
The 188-year-old company is prioritising the area for growth over the next five years and wants her to set up a regional team and strategy.
Cash told PRWeek her plans were at a very early stage and she had yet to decide whether activity would be handled solely in-house or with agency help.
She is charged with tailoring messaging to the culturally different local markets, stressing the brand’s fashion credentials. Focus will be on China in the first year, closely followed by India.
Her remit also covers digital content development and social media and she reports to the company’s Asia-Pacific vice-president of marketing, Anne-Gaelle Lacondemine.
While Clarks has its own high street stores in Britain, it sells largely through key distributors and department stores in other markets.
Portas and Shine handle its domestic PR as well as wider international activity.
Cash has joined Clarks from Bray Leino, where she was responsible for building up a health and wellness practice.
Her earlier career includes working on P&G’s global business at Ketchum, focusing on brands such as Olay, Head & Shoulders and Clairol.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester