Edelman loses Orange corporate comms work to Octopus
Edelman has lost its ten-year hold on the international corporate comms work for telecoms company Orange.
Orange: Corporate comms switch from Edelman to Octopus
The firm, formerly known as France Télécom, has awarded its six-figure account to Octopus Group after a pitch involving five agencies.
France Télécom, which owns the Orange brand, renamed itself Orange in July to unite the business across markets and activities. These include TV and the internet, as well as fixed and mobile networks.
Orange Group director of external comms Vanessa Clarke said the change of agency was due to a ‘refresh’ and a decision to inject new ideas and activity after a decade with Edelman.
Octopus will drive the telecoms company’s wider activities, promoting its innovation credentials in the fast-moving sector as it expands into new areas such as mobile payment and cloud services in Europe and emerging markets.
The work, covering media, industry and analyst relations, as well as stakeholder engagement and reputation management, will be led out of London by Octopus associate director Steve Douthwaite. Octopus will also co-ordinate Orange’s presence at the key industry event, Mobile World Congress.
Clarke added: ‘Orange is now present in 32 countries and developments such as convergence and 4G are opening the door to a new era of communication services that people will come to associate with operators.
‘Our group portfolio is hugely diverse and we are constantly expanding the business into new areas. We are delighted to be working with Octopus to highlight the innovation that Orange is delivering all over the world.’
Nelson Bostock’s work with Orange in the UK as part of EE, its joint venture with Deutsche Telekom-owned T-Mobile, is unaffected by the appointment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London
- Packaging Artworker Periscope Recruitment LLP £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- CRM Manager, Netherlands Premier Consultants c.€65k plus bonus, Amsterdam