Software firm SAS looks to boost profile with agency hunt
Business software giant SAS is seeking an agency to move 'big data' up the national news agenda.
Big data: Now a hot topic
The £2bn turnover company has put its UK work with Hotwire, understood to be worth £250,000, out to tender.
One agency figure said that the company was looking to 'break out of the tech media and into the national pages'.
'Everyone is talking about big data at the moment and they want to be the ones you trust making sense of it all,' the source explained.
It is understood that a small number of PR shops have now been selected from a list of up to 15 agencies, with an appointment expected next month.
The UK branch of SAS, which has customers including EDF Energy and Waitrose, reported a one per cent fall in turnover to £113.8m earlier this month after increasing its headcount by a tenth.
Both SAS and Hotwire declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London