Scot Marchbank handed PM deputy spokesman role
Scot Marchbank has been handed the role of Prime Minister's deputy spokesman.
Scot Marchbank: Set to start his new role in September
Marchbank, currently head of news at the Ministry of Justice, will report into the PM’s spokesman Jean-Christophe Gray and also become head of news at Number 10.
It is understood that Cubitt has been offered a senior post back at the Cabinet office working closely with the government’s comms head Alex Aiken.
One departmental insider said the appointment of Marchbank over Cubitt was ‘likely to have surprised a few people’, but added:
‘Marchbank is a firm manager and always has a clear view of what needs to be done. He has strong leadership skills which are vitally important considering the intricacies of the Number 10 operation. He also has a good manner with journalists and already gets on well with quite a few of the lobby correspondents.’
Marchbank replaced Vickie Sheriff at the Ministry of Justice in 2010 when she left to become the PM's deputy spokeswoman.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex