TripAdvisor seeks first US agency
TripAdvisor has issued an RFP to find its first PR agency partner in the US.
The company has 'invited a few agencies to participate, and it's a closed process,' explained Desiree Fish, VP of global communications at the company.
Fish joined the travel brand last month after working at American Express for 13 years, most recently as VP of corporate affairs and communications. She is based in TripAdvisor's New York office, reporting to CMO Barbara Messing, after starting in the role on July 15.
Fish said that TripAdvisor handles all of its communications efforts in the US internally, and the company is looking for a firm to work with its in-house team and 'supplement and grow what we're doing'.
The selected agency will work on a wide range of PR efforts for the brand, including consumer engagement, social media efforts, and traditional media relations.
TripAdvisor works with at least 15 agencies in other parts of the world, such as Brazil, EMEA, and Russia, said Fish, adding that the brand often hires 'local niche agencies who have their finger on the pulse' in other markets.
Additional information on the review process was not disclosed.
In July, TripAdvisor's free community-oriented travel site VirtualTourist launched an initiative called 8th Wonder of the World, aimed at building relationships with tourism bureaus around the globe.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London