Transform Cosmetic Surgery switches agency amid ethical stand
A leading British cosmetic surgery provider has moved its PR account from Brazen to JAMpr shortly after calling on its industry to raise its standards.
Cosmetic surgery: coming under scrutiny
Transform Cosmetic Surgery, which claims to be Britain’s largest cosmetic surgery provider and has 27 clinics in the UK, has appointed the agency for retained consumer work.
Having launched an internal marketing code of conduct in November, the company urged other cosmetic surgeons to bin the use of unaltered images of patients in adverts.
This followed a Department of Health (DH) review that criticised some cosmetic surgery marketing techniques as ‘highly misleading’ and called for tougher controls.
JAMpr has won the Transform contract from the incumbent of six years after handling an initial six-month project brief involving a new brand positioning for Transform, 'when you feel good, we feel good'.
PR strategy will include tactical engagement with key influential health, beauty and lifestyle media including case study placement and clinical commentary on surgical and non-surgical procedures.
JAMpr MD Jaime Gee said: ’It’s about cementing Transform Cosmetic Surgery's clinical credentials and the fact that it goes above and beyond when it comes to its patients. It’s about promoting that ethos of responsibility to patients and coming up with more creative angles to promote the feel good campaign.’
In July, Transform Medical Group CEO Harvey Ainley told Marketing the DH review ‘could have gone further'.
He added: ‘The industry should not sit around waiting for new regulation to come into force. Cosmetic surgery is a rapidly growing industry and it is vital that its sense of ethics and responsibility grows along with its size.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London