Department store Liberty invites the TV cameras in
Liberty, the venerable London emporium founded in the Victorian era, is following in the footsteps of Greggs and John Lewis for a three-part series on Channel 4 this autumn.
Liberty: Mock Tudor building erected in 1924
The series, which has the working title ‘Making Liberty’, will show Liberty’s retail team preparing for the Christmas season.
It is not the first retailer to feature in a documentary: others include ‘Greggs: More Than Meats The Pie’ on Sky 1 earlier this year and ‘Inside John Lewis’ on BBC 2 in 2010.
The press release for ‘Making Liberty’ from the production company, Rize USA, and Channel 4 reads: ‘Run by a sparky, charismatic, rule-breaker from NYC, Ed Burstell, along with his right-hand woman Kate Brindley (head of marketing and communications), they manage a tightly knit team of self-confessed eccentrics.
‘Fabric guru Kirstie Carey helps to make this is a retail team like no other. They are opinionated, fiery and passionate, with a business acumen rarely found on the shop floor.
‘Not everyone fits in to the Liberty family, but those who do are fiercely loyal, as are its customers. From the VIPs - those customers that spend the most in-store - down to the once-a-year visitors to the scarf hall. Everyone comes with a story and a dream and leaves with an experience.’
Liberty was first opened by Arthur Liberty in 1875 and its current mock Tudor premises were built in 1924.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London
- Packaging Artworker Periscope Recruitment LLP £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- CRM Manager, Netherlands Premier Consultants c.€65k plus bonus, Amsterdam