Liquid called in for Bupa Great Birmingham Run
Liquid has won a three-way pitch to promote the Bupa Great Birmingham Run, which takes place in mid-October.
Bupa Great Birmingham Run: Branching out to include children
Event organiser Nova has handed the agency a four-month brief for the half-marathon, which has a record number of places this year.
Agency head Elisabeth Lewis-Jones and account manager Jon Perks will lead the account.
Lewis-Jones, who will report to Nova comms director David Hart, said the focus was on emphasising that more runners than ever could take part.
This expansion from 18,000 to 20,000 places will include the creation of junior categories for children aged three to 16 years old.
She added: ‘Work will be very much media relations focused, with a corporate element as well.
'This will include work with local authorities and schools, as well as clubs. We will also be encouraging businesses to take part and race against one another.’
Nova was founded in 1988 by former Olympic medallist Brendan Foster and runs events including the Bupa Great North Run and the Great Manchester Cycle.
Last year's brief was overseen by Willoughby PR.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Junior Web Developer, Awesome Media Agency based in Essex. Digital Gurus £17000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Project Director Purple Consultancy £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager - Healthcare Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + industry leading benefits package, Surrey
- Social Media Manager Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus, London