Robot insect maker Innovation First drafts in Smoking Gun
Toy robot company Innovation First has appointed Manchester-based agency Smoking Gun to take over PR for its innovative Hexbug product from Cohn & Wolfe.
Insect robot: The Hexbug Nano V2
Using engineering technology, the robotic toys mimic the actions of real insects by reacting to their environment, and the brand has a significant retail and online audience.
The PR and digital agency won the account, previously handled by Cohn & Wolfe, following a three-way pitch. Innovation First sought fresh PR support in order to launch four major product lines ahead of Christmas.
The brief, which starts immediately, encompasses a mixture of digital marketing, consumer and trade media relations, experiential activity and celebrity seeding, all focused on the science behind the Hexbug product range.
The agency will be promoting the latest Hexbug: Nano v2 and brand extensions including Aquabot and Tagamoto.
Smoking Gun will report to head of marketing Heather Corbett, who said: ‘We sought a hands-on agency that really understands our target audiences and that also "gets" us as a business and why we’re so different to any other manufacturer.’
Other accounts won by Smoking Gun this year include Red Bull, Abellio/Merseyrail, Harrison Hetherington Group, MySocialPetwork and Valour Finance.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London