ABTA head of public affairs Luke Pollard takes Brussels role
Travel agents association ABTA has promoted Stephen D'Alfonso to replace its head of public affairs Luke Pollard, who has been selected as a Labour candidate.
Luke Pollard: nearly four years in head of PA role
Pollard is staying with ABTA on an interim basis as head of European development to represent the body in Brussels as a key EU directive on package travel goes through.
Labour Party members in the Plymouth constituency of Sutton and Devonport selected him as their general election candidate on 30 June.
D’Alfonso will head a team of four public affairs staff at ABTA, reporting to chief executive Mark Tanzer.
Pollard has been head of public affairs at ABTA since late 2009, while D’Alfonso joined in 2010.
Tanzer said: ‘ABTA has made considerable progress in growing its political influence in the UK and in Brussels in recent years.
‘I am confident that with this new structure we will continue to have a first class team working on behalf of ABTA and our members in Whitehall, Westminster and Brussels.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive - Mobile / Digital Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- SMS (Marketing) Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + package, South West London
- Mobile Project / Programme Manager - (Mobile Web / Mobile Apps) Digital Gurus £55000 - £75000 per annum + benefits, package, London
- Mobile Application Marketing Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + pension, London