MHP expands into Asia with acquisition of Hong Kong agency
MHP is expanding its international presence with the acquisition of a controlling stake in Hong Kong-based corporate and financial communications agency The Consultancy.
Joint work: Gavin Devine and Emma Smith
Engine Group, which owns MHP, has struck the deal with The Consultancy, which will become part of MHP Communications and trade under that name.
The Consultancy has a small team of eight and has financial services and consumer-focused clients. Clients include BT, East Capital and Eastspring.
Emma Smith, The Consultancy founder and chief executive, will become chief executive of the Asian division of MHP and will join its senior management team. She will focus on ensuring continuity in client service, staffing and operations, and on further expanding the new business’ footprint in Asia.
MHP chief executive Gavin Devine will become chairman of MHP Communications’ business in Asia. He said: ‘This is a major milestone in MHP’s plan to further expand its international offering. We look forward to working with Emma and her team to expand our footprint across the all important Asia Pacific region.’
London-headquartered MHP already has a presence in Washington DC and in Brussels.
The acquisition represents a further step in Engine’s global growth strategy, which is focusing on growing in the US and Asia. Two digital agencies, Noise and Deep Focus, were acquired in the US in 2010, and an initial foothold was established in China in 2011 with the acquisition of a local branding agency now renamed Calling Brands.
The group is looking to add more partners during the next year.
Engine has also announced the appointment of Richard Wyatt, currently a non-executive director of the group, as its non-executive chairman, enabling Peter Scott to focus fully on his role as Engine Group’s chief executive.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London