'Planet's toughest event' Tough Mudder in first global agency hunt
Tough Mudder, an international military-style obstacle course event series that raises money for wounded veterans, is seeking its first global PR agency.
Tough Mudder: staging more events around the world
The company, which has been conducting the RFP process for several weeks, is looking for a firm to handle corporate and consumer communications efforts on a global scale, said Ben Johnson, head of communications at Tough Mudder.
‘We're in five countries right now, and we're looking to be in at least 13 next year,’ he added. ‘We're trying to figure out if there's a partner out there that can help us address some of these needs on a larger scale.’
Tough Mudder will begin extensively planning for 2014 in early October, so Johnson said it hoped to make a decision on a global PR partner in the next month. He added that the company was still working out the account budget.
The self-styled 'toughest event on the planet' appointed Frank PR as its UK agency in March, while in the US, it has worked with DKC in recent years, said Johnson.
‘[DKC's] media skills are incredible, and it has really helped to elevate our brand,’ he added.
Tough Mudder is also still figuring out the best structure in terms of regional agency partners and its yet-to-be-hired global firm.
This year, Tough Mudder has held or planned events in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. Johnson said it would launch an event in France in two weeks. Afterwards, the company will work on the logistics of adding seven countries to the list for next year.
To support veterans, Tough Mudder partners with a number of charities, including Wounded Warrior Project in the US, Wounded Warrior Canada, Help for Heroes in the UK and Legacy in Australia.
The 10- to 12-mile courses, created by British Special Forces, are designed to test participants' mental and physical strength. The events encourage teamwork to get past the obstacles, which include fire, water, electricity and ice.
Representatives from DKC declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London